Personal information we collect
In conjunction with your use of the Website and our Services, we gather information about you ("Personal Data"). or in any other way within the context of our connection with you. The many categories of Personal Data that we might collect from you include:
Biographical Data, including:
• Email Address
• Phone Number
• Full Address
• Date of Birth
Peerwallet Account Details, including:
• User Profile Information in the “Bio” section
• Profile Picture
• Joined Date
• Default Currency
• Time Zone
• Default Language
Peerwallet Account Activity, including:
• Trade Chat Messages (which may contain financial information if you provide it to sellers)
• Trade Chat Attachments
• Trade Activity
• Transaction History
• Affiliate Name
• Affiliate ID
• Affiliate Link
• Affiliate Transactions
• Offers Created
• Offer Terms
• Trade Instructions
• Account Notifications
• Account Status
Data relating to your wallet, including:
• Private Keys
• Public Keys
• Wallet Balance
• Transactions received
• Transactions sent
Data Collected in connection with “Know Your Customer” (KYC) Compliance, including:
• Government-issued ID
• Proof of Address
• Photographs, if you elect to provide them to us
• Video, if you elect to provide them to us
Device and Website Usage Data, including:
• IP Addresses
• The cookie ID and/or other device identifiers
• Information relating to your access to the Website, such as device characteristics, date & time
• Language preferences
• Information on actions taken while using the Website
Mobile application usage data, including:
• Session data: IP address, version of the operating system, brand and model of the device, unique identifiers of the device, browser used, information about the time the Application was accessed, name and parameters of the network connection.
• Information about applications installed on the User’s device (metadata from applications): application name, application identifier and version, device identifier and checksum. Detecting malicious apps and protecting users from fraud are the main reasons for collecting information about installed apps.
• Information on actions taken while using the mobile application
• Crash and application errors diagnostics data
How we use your data
Your Personal Data may be used, retained, and shared by us for the following purposes:
• operating the website in order to deliver services, such as:
- Register, create, and maintain your account;
- certify your identity and/or account access, or assist merchants in confirming your identification;
- initiate, enable, handle, and/or carry out transactions;
- contacting /communicating with you in relation to your account or other Services you utilize;
- carry out KYC, creditworthiness, or other such reviews;
- application evaluation
- To ensure correctness and validity, compare the data.
• to minimize risk and safeguard the Website and Services, you, and other users.
• to fulfill your preferences and deliver a tailored experience.
• to comprehend users' behavior and interactions with the website and services better.
• to advertise to you
• to offer Services, deals, and promotions that are specifically tailored to you on our website and other websites.
• to give you offerings, features, and alternatives that are relevant to a particular region.
• To uphold our policies and obligations, which may include, but is not limited to, disclosing information and responding to inquiries from regulators and/or law enforcement officials in accordance with any applicable laws, rules, or regulations, judicial or governmental orders, the regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction, discovery requests, or similar legal processes.
• to settle disagreements, collect payments, or troubleshoot issues.
• to contact you in order to provide customer service.
• to oversee our company.
When required by relevant legislation, we may also treat personal data for additional purposes with your permission.
Sources from which we gather personal information
We collect Personal information from a number of sources, including:
• Directly from you: When you use our website or services, get in touch with us, or otherwise engage with us, we directly gather Personal Data from you.
• From service providers and/or data processors that help us provide the Website or the Services: We may hire service providers to work under our direction and on our behalf to make the Website or the Services available to you. It's possible for these service providers to gather data about you and give it to us.
• We may get information about you from other users in conjunction with transactions or discussions on the Peerwallet website or from affiliates linked with the Peerwallet website or services. Affiliates may also give us information about you based on your interactions or business dealings with them.
• from other sources who could aid with identity verification, fraud protection, and transaction security.
• from outside sources that could aid in our assessment of your creditworthiness or financial status.
• from third parties who may assist us in conducting analyses of Personal Data, enhancing the Website, the Services, or your usage of them, marketing goods or services, or sending you offers and promotions.
• if you communicate with us on social media, from social media sites.
How we share data
We may share some Personal Data with other people in specific situations. The following are the kind of people with whom we may disclose personal data:
• Service providers and/or data processors: With outside service providers who work under our direction and on our behalf, we might exchange Personal Data. These third-party service providers could, for instance, offer you Services, confirm your identification, help with transaction processing, advertise our goods and Services to you, or offer customer support.
• Other parties to transactions, such as sellers: We might provide information to the other parties involved in your transactions, including the users you're buying a digital asset from.
- Financial institutions and other businesses that assist you in making payments for transactions
- Affiliates who are referred to us through our website
- For our business's needs or as permitted or needed by law, other third parties, such as:
- must adhere to any legal or regulatory process (such as a duly issued court order or subpoena), as well as any legal or regulatory obligation or contractual requirement;
- to make, use, or protect legal claims;
- in response to a request by a government body, such as a court order or the police;
- to enforce our internal rules or the terms of service on our website;
- To prevent damage to ourselves or others physically or financially, to stop suspected or real illegal conduct, to safeguard our rights, property, or safety in any other way;
- to make it easier for Peerwallet's business to be bought, sold, or otherwise transferred. Using data shared with a business we intend to combine with or be purchased by, as an example;
- to assist our corporate governance, compliance, and auditing operations.
International transfers of data
Please be aware that we reserve the right to transfer any Personal Data we have gathered about you to countries other than the one in which it was initially collected. It's possible that such nations don't have the same data protection regulations as the one in which you first gave the information. We take measures to guarantee that the transfer of your Data is in conformity with the law when we send it to other nations.
Cookies and online advertising
• When you visit a website, it stores a little text file called a cookie on your computer or mobile device.
• In order to display advertisements on the Peerwallet Website or other websites, Peerwallet may collaborate with third-party ad networks. Peerwallet has no control over these websites or outside ad networks. Ad network partners gather information about your online activities using data technologies in order to deliver you personalized advertising that is based on your interests.
We keep personal data for as long as it takes to accomplish the goals for which it was gathered or as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations. This can entail keeping personal information around after a transaction. Once your Personal Data is no longer needed for any of the aforementioned business goals, we make every attempt to destroy it.
Peerwallet has put in place security measures to secure your personal data, such as precautions against destruction, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access and disclosure. Nevertheless, Peerwallet is unable to guarantee or warrant the security or confidentiality of any information you send to us or that we receive from you via a wireless or Internet connection. Even though Peerwallet takes precautions to safeguard data once it has been received, there is always some danger associated with data transfers via the Internet.
Children under 18 years of age
The Website for Peerwallet is not meant for use by anyone under the age of 18. Without confirmed parental consent, we never intentionally collect data from children under the age of 18. If we come to the realization that we have obtained information, including Personal Data, from a person under the age of 18 without verifiable parental consent, we will immediately destroy the data.
Modifications to the privacy notice
Peerwallet retains the right to periodically modify this Notice. If we make any changes to this Notice, we will send you an email, post a clear notice on the Peerwallet Website home page, or post a new version of this Notice here. We advise you to frequently check the Website for updates.
Contact us at https://peerwallet.com/contact-usif you have any questions about this Notice or wish to make an inquiry with us regarding Personal Data or privacy.